Click on my nuffnang please! x

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Skin

Always complaining about not having the right product to cleanse your face? Having breakouts very often? Most teenagers like me tend to get acne breakouts and have skin problems. We all have different skin types and we cannot buy products randomly. The reason i'm doing this blog post is because in order to achieve good skin, you have to first find out what kind of skin type you have, then you buy the suitable products that will suit your skin. if you buy wrong products, your skin might be even worse than before. So before you start buying any more facial products to treat your face, I suggest you read this post of mine first. And don't forget to stay tuned to the end of this post where I will be stating and showing you what kind of skincare products I use to treat my face. So keep reading :-)


* Disclaimer- I am obviously not a professional, I'm just giving advice and trying to help your guys. If you really need help with your skin, then go to a dermatologist.*


I would just like to say something about myself. I'm a very vain person and I'm a skincare junkie, so basically I'm obsessed with having perfect skin (although i do not have perfect skin). I have redness on some areas on my face but they're not that obvious. I have pimples and breakouts too, and that's only normal. But you have like perfectly clear bright skin then you should like go and die because I hate you for being so perfect. Unless you haven't been through puberty lol. 


There are many skin types and it's very important to find out what skin type are you. There are different skin types like ->
  • combination ( means having some parts of your face dry and some parts of your face oily)
  • dry
  • oily
  • normal
  • sensitive
If you want to find out what kind of skin type you have, then cleanse your face in the morning first. Then wait for about 4-5 hours and you'll begin to see the change in your skin. If there is no change, then your skin type if normal. If your face turns into a greasy mess on every spot of your face, you have oily face. If only like your t-zone area/nose/cheeks turns oily, you most probably have combination skin. Some parts of your face might not actually be oily and that's why it's called combination. If your face is feeling very tight, it probably means you have dry skin. 
So after you find out what skin type you are, you can start buying products! I mean who wants perfect skin? *raises hands*. Normally, the product will indicate what kind of skin type you are. Play safe and only buy products that state what kind of skin type you are. You should focus on those that say what kind of skin they target as and try not to buy a product that says ‘suitable for all skin types’ because most likely, it wouldn’t work.



I like giving advice and I most probably will be doing this type of posts again, don’t worry if you think it’s boring because I will still have normal posts being uploaded so you are lucky haha. So right now im gonna show you guys my skin regime and what I use. I’ve taken them from google because im really too lazy to take pictures of my actual items but they will look the same as the ones I took from the internet. So yep enjoy!

Step 1-> Cleanse 

The first step I do when I enter the bathroom is to cleanse my face (obviously). And I use this gel cleanser from eau thermale avenue paris. This targets oily skin but I find it alright as I have areas on my face that tend to get oily sometimes because I have combination skin type. But it’s alright. It leaves my face feeling really clean and I like it a lot. If you have oily or combination skin type this is really good for you. But if you want the cleanser that is targeting just combination skin type then you have to get another more expensive cleanser from this range of products.
Eau thermale avene cleanance gel for oily skin-> retail price $30.50
Eau thermale avene cleanance gel for only combination skin-> $38+

#tip- get cleansers that are of gel texture and won’t bubble up to become foam because gel can be absorbed into the skin easier!


Step 2-> Moisturise 

This is the moisturizer that I use and it’s from Neutrogena. Neutrogena is a well known brand for having amazing products that can treat acne. This is the moisturizer from their line and it’s for people with combination skin, like me. There is also another moisturizer for normal skin and oily skin so you have a variety to choose from. I think packaging wise it’s great because of the pump it has so you wouldn’t get too much product on your hands and you won’t waste any. It’s oil-free and won’t clog your pores. It moisturizes dry areas while controlling shine in oily areas. Perfect for people with combination skin. It is alcohol-free, allergy tested, fragrance-free. It is non-sticky and also easily absorbed by your skin.

Oil-free moisturizer for combination skin by Neutrogena retail price- $18+



Step 3 (i sometimes skip this skip or skip moisturizing): Spray mist


This is something I put on my face after I step out of the bathroom and get changed. It’s a fine mist where you spray on your face. This is really good and it doesn’t matter how many times you spray it on your face, be in after going to the gym, coming back from school, you can use this anytime! The thing with this is that it will reduce redness after using it for a period of time and I think it’s a good benefit. It’s for people with sensitive skin, it’s soothing and anti-irritating! I find this a little not worth for money because it’s just spring water from some ‘branded’ mountain in paris or somewhere lah. Then the only ingredients is the thermal water and nitrogen. -_- Abit lame lah and I don’t think you should get this anyway because it does nothing to my face but I sometimes use this if im lazy to apply moisturizer to my face because I think this can moisture your face already. So if you’re a lazy person like me you can considering getting this. 

Eau thermale avene thermal spring water-> $26 (I think)


Mask 1


Next would be this clay mask from etude house. I find this product extremely good and it lasts for a long time! It’s like a creamy white texture that dries up really fast so you have to apply   on your face real quick! This is good because you only have to put it for 5 mins and you can rinse it off immediately afterwards. J I would totally recommend this to you if you have combination/oily skin!!
Ac clnic clay pack from etude house retail price- $24 (kinda expensive for just a clay mask pack but it lasts damn long! It lasted me about 5 months and im still using it right now!)


Mask 2


Ths is a formula 10.0.6 and I have no idea why the name so weird one haha! But it’s from the drugstore and it’s a clay mask. I personally hate this a lot but im still gonna include this in. I have not been using masks religiously anymore. This mask is like damn weird okay, everytime I use this mask, there will be a burning sensation at the top of my cheeks near my eyes. I don’t know why, last time I always thought that it’s because they’re doing something good to my skin. Then in the end…I don’t know la, this didn’t do any good to my skin except it make my skin super dry and it wasn’t oily for the entire night except when I wake up in the morning la!! You shouldn’t buy this haha! I'm not a big fan of their skincare line either.

Formula 10.0.6 retail price- $12 (its damn expensive because this product SUCKS LIKE FUCK) If it’s like really good then I don’t mind spending even $100 bucks on it because im a skincare junkie hehe ^__^

#tip- clay masks will be very drying so if you already have dry skin, just concentrate on the dry areas!

Pimple gel

This is a pimple gel from eau thermale avene! It is inexpensive and good! Although I have noticed nothing has changed in my complexion, it is very thin and creamy. It will be very fast absorbing and it’s like a moisturizer except you apply them on your problem areas!

Eau thermale avene pimple gel retail price- $26(?) 



Sunscreen


I doubt many of you guys have seen this product because it’s not sold in any of the drugstores. It’s only sold in BHG or like takashimaya. This is a sunscreen lotion by KÓSE. It is probably one of the most expensive and good sunscreen I’ve used. It lathers on really well and it’s super ultra thin, I cannot even explain it. But it has a SPF50++ to it so if you apply it to your face then take pictures, you will look like a fucking ghost! The higher the SPF, the more ghostly you’ll look in flash photography.

#Tip- if you want to avoid looking like a ghost (in flash photography) but you still want to protect your skin, go for products that have very low SPFs like SPF10+/SPF5+

*I’ve this philosophy that expensive items=good quality. And it’s obviously true. Take example you own a real leather hermes bag, compare it to a cheap fake leather handbag you get at the pasar malam, which one will last longer? Obviously the hermes bag right.
KÓSE sunscreen SPF50++ retail price- $50+! (super expensive I know)*

Another pimple cream


I bet most of you have seen this pimple cream before. This is the famous OXY cover pimple cream. It can act as a concealer but it would make a really lousy concealer because it’s in a super dark shade + cannot mix properly one. For me, my skin is very stubborn and it does not react to any pimple cream so this is damn useless to me! Maybe people have said that this works for them but it obvoiously doesn’t work for me and it dries my skin up after a few tries so I don't really like this. L
OXY cover retail price- $6-8


*This is not copied form any source and i've written everything down by myself.*

So that's all for this skincare post, i will probably post another post on skincare but not that soon anyway! So thank you if you've like read EVERYTHING that I said. Thanks alot! Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click this please!!